Friday, October 8, 2010

How I encourage a creative and artistic spirit in my children...

Turn the TV off.  Seriously, I have noticed that when we cut down on the amount of time they spend in front of the TV, they are much, MUCH more imaginative and creative with their play.  My children seem to be blessed with great imaginations, and they are very elaborate when it comes to their play.  As an example, the other day they built a nest, and had every pillow in the house piled in the middle of the living room, along with the bean bags, and lots of blankets.  I caught big sister trying to sneak real eggs into the nest, LOL!  We compromised and used balls instead.  I could give you many more examples....and sometimes I don't always catch them before their brilliant ideas (ie: the eggs) turn into a big mess.  But at the end of the day, when all is quiet, I look around and am so thankful for their imaginations and creativity!



This post is brought to you by: www.cottonbabies.com and www.bumgenius.com.  :)  (This post is an entry into a drawing to win 5 new Artist Series bumGenius 4.0 diapers.  Go to http://clothdiapers.blogspot.com/2010/10/bumgenius-artist-series-giveaway.html to enter yourself!  Good luck! :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment